Monday, January 19, 2015

T-Shirt Upscale

So I've found many Pintrest ideas on cutting designs into plaint t-shirts to give them a cooler look. I have 6 white shirts I bought for culinary school but wont wear anywhere else since they're so boring and plain. I decided on 4 designs which I had seen around many times in Pintrest, a butterfly, a dragonfly, angel wings, and a skull. I searched the internet for some reference images to create my templates from.

Then, since I don't have a printer, I traced the images off of my computer onto some scrap paper.
Then I cut out each little bubble. I started with scissors but I found an exact-o blade was much quicker and easier.
Then I took chalk and traced the bubbles onto the shirts. I found it much easier when I had something solid behind the shirt but this wasn't an easy process and the shirts slip around a lot. These are the results.


The last step was slowly cutting all the little bubbles out. I used my good fabric scissors but it took a long while and my fingers definitely hurt by the end.

These shirts are by no means done. Most if not all of them can't be worn without something underneath (which was sort of true before) and they will have to be washed to get the chalk off but it was a fun easy project and I have ideas to finish off each shirt a little differently. Till next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment